Monday, August 15, 2011

Crude World

Just talked to my youngest brother.  I had sent him an email about a month ago with this article I found on the internet related to my second cousin.
He said that nobody ever found her and her parents have since divorced.  I guess we can close the case on that one.  Her picture was all over milk cartons and they did everything possible to track her down. 
I have been sitting here reading all day.  I didn’t mean to but it is a mystery and I could not put it down.  Want to finish so I can read “Crude World” The violent twilight of oil.  Author – Peter Maass. 
One of my sisters in Minneapolis gave me her library card number and now I am able to check out ebooks from the Hennepin County Library. They have 3 times as many ebooks as Houston and 1/3 the number of Seattle.  I don’t know anyone in Seattle so I look at their library selection but can’t download any of it.  While I have been sitting here writing I downloaded “Weeds- In Defense of Nature’s Most Unloved Plants”.   Author - Richard Mabey.  I also have a library card for the Georgia library system but they have so few books that it is sad.  But then they never have a waiting list here. 
Bet you are wondering how all these lines are connected. Well so am I..
 I am just rambling along here and not hooking anything together.  It might be because I went along with 9 for her piano lesson.  It put me in another more relaxed realm so I am just drifting along.   I am at 6 grandchild girls.  Their ages are 17, 14, 12, 8,9,5.  All cute and smart but 12 is VERY smart.  She can do anything on a computer and calls me from her ipod.  She desperately wants a Ipad.  I don’t want one because they are too big.  I have a 7 inch tablet and that is a perfect size.  Apple is supposed to release a mini ipad (7 inch) so I am waiting and trying to put the brakes on 12.  She has been saving money and I match whatever she invests in the stock market. She almost has enough now and I think she has decided to wait for the 7 inch.
Last night I watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was a C at best. If I was watching it on TV I would have been channel surfing after half an hour but I put out money to watch it so I stayed till the end. 
Enough of my rambling…Will check in tomorrow…. Thanks for visiting. I visit you people but I still cannot leave a comment.  I would get 12 down here to fix it but I don’t want her in my blog.       

1 comment:

  1. A sad story about your missing cousin, 'Hatter; every day the numbers of the disappeared continue to rise and families remain without closure, even the tragic kind. I suspect that even if she were to turn up, she most likely would no longer be the person you remember.

    Are you open to a suggestion? I know you're an avid reader; would you consider placing a list on your blog of books you've read/are currently reading? You've mention titles and authors in other venues in the past which have been consistently interesting--thanks to you, my own "must read" list continues to grow.

    Your iability to post a comment sounds like a account setting of some kind; you'll probably find a solution to the problem when you're not even looking for it...happens sometimes.

    Got an interesting tidbit for you to look at: Google " George Bush buys Guarani Aquifer ". Canadian news sources mentioned the item but the story never made it into US media. This is old news--back in 2006--and I've had a bit of difficulty finding any new details.

    Hope you figure out the comment safu soon.

    ReplyDelete