Sunday, August 14, 2011

Checking In...

I just finished the audio book version of Cowboys and Aliens.  Kept my attention...  Not the best ever but not bad. Kept me from watching the news and that is a good thing.  I am sure I will get caught up on that later today. 
I did see the straw poll results when I turned on my computer.  I also saw that Perry now wants to be the president.  He is saying he can get America back to work.  Until recently I resided in Texas for over 30 years.  Went through the Bush and Perry years.  The jobs Perry brought to Texas were minimum pay jobs.  He brought in the Walmarts.  He also wanted to become a separate country from the US.  And now he wants to be the leader of the entire US? 

I now live in the state that Newt Gingrich hails from.  I, after all these years still consider myself a visitor to a foreign culture.  I have been in culture shock since the first time I got off the plane in Houston.  August of 1983.  I arrived right in time for a hurricane and the beginning of the fall of the oil and gas industry.  As people were desperately trying to get out …well I was swimming against the current.  I have been trying to swim upstream ever since.

I voted for Obama and then found out he is an undercover Republican.  He immediately got sucked into the corruption and participation in the destruction of our country.  There is nobody representing me in Washington.  Probably nobody since JFK was killed.  Is that when our country was taken over?  Eisenhower had warned us about the military industrial complex and operatives in the government.  I was just a kid so certainly could not act.  Obviously the big people just blew that all off and just floated with the current.   My dad believed Eisenhower and before he died…I mean his last words to me were never buy a ford or vote republican.  I have honored his wish….

Anyhow nice to meet you all out there….  Going to take a shower and maybe read…

3 comments:

  1. Hey 'Hatter; glad you're blogging again!!!

    I recall--back when Spaces as at its best--some mighty fine essays you posted to your blog there. You covered it all: family, politics, spirituality, gardening, and a lot more...I enjoyed every one.

    Blogspot isn't quite as fancy as Spaces was, but it gets the job done when you want to write and send your thoughts out into the world. I've met some good people here and encourage you to check out the blogs I'm following. You'll find some familiar writers there; I hope you'll tell 'em "hi".

    I'll be back in a day or two to comment more on-topic; it's after midnight now and I've gotta get some sleep.

    "See" ya soon.

    Welcome to the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogger.
    In no time you will know the ropes and be right at home.
    Hope you post some of your photography.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Though my dad never put those exact words in form they were completely his belief. Great post.

    ReplyDelete